HELP US SAVE THIS CHURCH
Conservation plans for St. James Church
Historic buildings constantly need maintenance and repair and St. James is no exception. To conserve this iconic building and improve its facilities for the future, we need to spend at least €500,000. We are working hard to raise money to fund this project and are grateful for any donations from people for whom this church has special memories.
We thank you for your generosity in donating to the Restoration Fund.
there is so much to do
In 2015, a survey of necessary structural work determined that the church building needs attention throughout.
Immediate requirements to ensure the church’s future:
- Removal of woodworm and wet rot under the stage and altar area.
- Attention to windows due to rotting timbers and gaps in the mortar.
- Repairs to the roof tower, and stairwell to the balcony.
- Updates to electricity.
- Improved fire alarm and escape routes.
We would also like to make the following improvements.
- Additional seating.
- Retractable stage.
- Water line into the building.
- A disabled toilet facility and small kitchenette.
- New heating system.
By now you are probably asking
“How can I help?”
Friend of St. James' Dingle
You can help save St. James.